Leeds United: Rickie Fowler reveals hopes of Leeds investment with Jordan Spieth and Justin Thomas | Golf News

[ad_1]

Rickie Fowler has revealed he wants to be an investor in Leeds United, with US golfers Justin Thomas and Jordan Spieth also likely involved in the club; the 49ers recently agreed to buy a majority stake in the team from Andrea Radrizzani.

Last Updated: 10:06 PM, 14/06/23


Richie Fowler has exclusively revealed to Sky Sports that he wants to become an investor in Leeds United following the 49ers takeover.

Please use Chrome for a more accessible video player

Richie Fowler has exclusively revealed to Sky Sports that he wants to become an investor in Leeds United following the 49ers takeover.

Richie Fowler has exclusively revealed to Sky Sports that he wants to become an investor in Leeds United following the 49ers takeover.

Rickie Fowler has exclusively revealed to Sky Sports that he wants to become an investor in Leeds United following the 49ers takeover.

The 49ers agreed to buy a majority stake in Leeds United on Friday after lengthy negotiations with owner Andrea Radrizzani.

Fowler told CNN at the U.S. Open in Los Angeles that elite golfers Justin Thomas and Jordan Spieth could also “potentially” be involved with the club now that the deal is in its final stages.

Asked by Sky Sports’ Jamie Weir if he was technically part-owner of Leeds United, Fowler said: “Technically not yet.

“There’s a group of people who are moving forward with Leeds. Myself, JT (Justin Thomas) and Jordan (Spieth) could be a part of that.”

Asked jokingly whether Leeds United ball boy Billy Foster had been recruiting them, Fowler said: “He didn’t know about it from the start.

“But we told him when we knew he was a big Leeds United supporter.

“It’s cool to have these opportunities. I know we’re working on it. It’ll be fun if we can get involved.

“If not, we will continue to support Leeds and see if we can help Billy.

49ers Enterprises already owns 44% of the club but has now agreed to buy the remaining 56% from chairman Andrea Radrizzani's Aser Ventures.

49ers Enterprises already owns 44% of the club but has now agreed to buy the remaining 56% from chairman Andrea Radrizzani’s Aser Ventures.

“Obviously they’re relegated, but to be able to play in the Premier League, the Champions League…I think, obviously what you call football there, we call it football here…it’s a huge sport.

“I feel like it continues to get bigger in America, but since I haven’t raced yet, I don’t really appreciate that until I can actually go out there and feel that energy.”

Get the best prices and book a round on one of 1,700 courses in the UK and Ireland



[ad_2]

This news collected fromSource link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *