Father’s Day is Sunday, and there are plenty of options to help you celebrate with dear Dad and spend time with your family.
Live music kicks off the weekend with a blues show at Smith-Willis Stadium at the Hank Aaron Sports Academy featuring King James and other local blues artists.
Jimmy Wooten will also be performing at Martin’s Downtown this weekend, plus brunch, open mics, and part of the mix this weekend.
This month is also Pride month, and there are several pride events scheduled this weekend and in the coming weeks, including a gay rave sale to bargain and benefit Mississippi’s capital city pride.
Here’s a rundown of some of the top events taking place in the Jackson area this weekend. enjoy!
Upcoming Entertainment:Willie Nelson returns to the Brandon Amphitheatre.see when
Blues break out over Father’s Day weekend
King George will perform live in Mississippi for the first time. Along with other artists, there are Ronnie Bell, Vick Allen, Tre Williams, Jeff Floyd, Rosalyn Candy, DJ Jubilee and Gold Gillis.
- when: Saturday 17 June 10am-10pm
- Where: Hank Aaron Sports Academy Smith-Willis Stadium 1200 Lakeland Dr Jackson
- Tickets: $55
Father’s Day Gift Ideas:It’s Father’s Day this weekend, so let’s pamper Dad with these affordable gifts
Sunday Makebreak: Woodburned Father’s Day Keychain
The public can drop into Michael’s store at The Forum, The Forum, 175 Grandview Avenue, Madison Ste 800, and create a burnt wood tag keychain as a gift for Dad or to make a special memory with Dad that lasts forever.
- when: Sunday June 18th 2-4pm
- Where: Grandview Forum 175 Grandview Blvd, Madison
- Tickets: free registration Click here
open mic mississippi
Show off your talents at an open mic night at Jackson’s Fenians Bar. Anyone can perform poetry, music, art, and more.
- when: Every Tuesday in June from 9pm to 12am
- Where: Fenians Bar 901 E. Fortification St. Jackson
- Tickets: free. register here to perform
Jimmy Wooten performs live in downtown Martin
Jimmy Wooten will be performing live at Martin’s Downtown this weekend.
- when: Saturday, June 18 at 10am and Sunday at 1pm
- Where: Downtown Martin, 214 State Street, Jackson
- Tickets: General admission $10
Come along for an indoor bargaining event to raise money for Mississippi’s Capital City Pride while celebrating the entire month of Pride.
- when: Friday June 16th 8am-8pm and Saturday June 17th 8am-5pm
- Where: During Hall, 622 During Avenue, Jackson
- Tickets: Donate $5 on Friday, get free on Saturday
This news collected fromSource link